Vent Axia Totus Midi Commercial Unit
Vent Axia Totus Midi Commercial D-ERV unit
Please contact us for price of this unit
Vent Axia Totus Midi is part of the sentinel Totus D-REV range, it follows on from the highly successful award-winning sentinel demand ventilation system. Vent Axia has incorporated the Sentinel demand control with a highly efficient heat recovery cell the create the Sentinel Totus Demand Energy Recovery Ventilation System (D-ERV). The Totus range features the same Sentinel EC/DC backward curved motors that are highly efficient. The Totus midi achieves up to 90% energy recovery due to Vent Axia’s market leading counter flow heat recovery cell. The Energy recovery capabilities are independently tested and rated to EN308.
The Totus Midi model is manufactured with a frameless construction from single skinned azuline panels. It is internally lined with 90kg/m3 high efficiency acoustic and thermally insulated foam which is fire retardant to BS476 Part 7 Class 1 & Part 6 Class O. The single skinned Aluzinc panels allow for the Totus unit to be mounted either internally or externally as standard (IPX4). If required, for roof mounting applications an optional inlet cowl is available.
- Horizontal installation
- 1000 m3 h/r Maximum Output
- High efficiency heat exchanger
- Energy recovery savings up to 90%
- Offering saving on heating and cooling up to 25%
- Integral automatic summer bypass - providing free cooling during summer
- Single skin construction with 90kg/m3 thermal and acoustic foam insulation
- Low stand by power only 0.6W
- Energy efficient EC/DC motors - 1/3 less energy lost to heat than a conventional AC motor
- ERP 2015 compliant fans
- Air conditioning interlock – to optimise energy recovery
- Heating system interlock – summer bypass optimisation
- Interfaces for BMS control and monitoring
- EC/DC motors with lower maintenance requirements and longer service life
- Aluzinc casing - suitable for external installations as standard
- Optional cowl for roof mounting
- Integral condensate pump – reduces installation costs and space requirements
- In-built automatic frost protection – prevents heat exchanger freezing at very low temperatures
- Ability to utilise the frost heaters as top up heat removing the need for additional duct mounted heaters
- In-built backlit LCD user control interface which can be remotely mounted to suit site requirements
- Night time purge facility to reduce overheat during warm summer periods
- Hierarchical control maintains CO2 levels within levels described in Building Bulletin 101
- Demand control optimising indoor air quality
- Closed loop control system ensures maximum comfort levels at minimum energy level
- Low sound levels meet requirements of Building Design
- Sound level – 20-41dB(A)@3m
- 2 Year Warranty
The Vent Axia Totus Range features three different models: Mini, Midi and Maxi
Vent Axia Totus units come complete with G4 replaceable filters as standard, the unit features a filter change warning. You can add optional high grade F6 filters
Length x Width x Depth: 2020mm x 1320mm x 350mm
Spigots: 4 x 250mm
The Totus Midi is fitted with integrated controls and a purposed designed common user interface controller incorporating a 16-character backlit alpha numerical 2 link display with 4 button membrane keypad for fan status and commissioning set up. As standard this is mounted behind a removable Perspex viewing pane allowing commissioning without accessing the wiring compartment. The user interface can be removed and remotely fixed if required. The unit also incorporated an isolator that is suitable for fitting a locking device to prevent accidental operation.
Insulation of Ductwork
We recommend using Metal Spiral ducting and fittings due to superior strength
To provide the best performance in airtightness and durability we recommend You provide greater mechanical strength to a joint by using self-sealing fittings or a combination of Ducting Sealant and Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape
- Apply Duct sealant to the male fitting
- Push together
- Apply Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape over joint
It is important that any ducting located in a cold area (e.g. loft space) to be insulated. The insulation needs to be the equivalent of 25mm thick and have a thermal conductivity of 0.04W/(m.k) or less.
This ensures that condensation doesn’t form due to the difference in air temperature inside the duct when compared to the air temperature in the cold space.
If you don’t have a loft space there is still a need for insulated ducting on the intake and exhaust legs, as they will be carrying cold air in a warm space. The level of insulation can be achieved by wrapping PVC duct in a layer of 25mm duct wrap that has a silver foil face on a 25mm rockwool
Please note that foil wrap with air bubbles (bubble wrap) is no longer applicable in building control regulations
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
2-year parts guarantee
*Please note - Our design service only available to small commercial projects after purchase
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Vent-Axia distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Technical Specification
Suitable for numerous commercial applications that can include*
Office - -
20 office staff
8 l/s per person
Classroom - -
8 l/s per person
Shop / Retail - -
30 people or 110m2
5 l/s per or 5m2 of area
Nursing Home - -
Nursery Crèche - -
M/P sports hall - -
10 l/s per person low activity
Domestic Pool - -
* calculations can differentiate depending on location always check with the local authority
* Design service only to small commercial projects after purchase
- Further Information
Mini and Midi Models are manufactured with a frameless construction from single skinned Aluzinc panels, internally lined with 90kg/m3 high efficiency acoustic and thermally insulating foam (fire retardant to BS476 Part 7 Class 1 & Part 6 Class O).
Aluzinc panels allow for all units to be mounted either internally or externally as standard (IPX4). An optional inlet cowl is available for roof mounting applications if required. Maxi units are manufactured with an aluminium frame construction with double skinned Aluzinc panels fitted with 60kg/m3 thermal acoustic insulation. The casing includes an inclined inlet and bellmouth entry which directs the incoming air to the impeller with minimal turbulence. The result is better air management through the unit, less noise, higher efficiency and an increased performance.
The housing is designed to be as compact as possible for concealed false ceiling applications and Sentinel Totus2 D-ERV, Demand Energy Recovery casings incorporate top and bottom access panels for maintenance (note Maxi unit is side access). Access panels are sized to enable single man maintenance. Impellers All Sentinel Totus2 D-ERV units feature low energy, Class 1, EC/DC external rotor motor and backward curved impeller assemblies specifically chosen for performance and nonoverloading characteristics.
The assembly is dynamically balanced to DIN ISO 1940 Grade 6.3. Ball bearings are greased for life. Insulation is Class ‘B’ (from -25°C to +60°C). All models incorporate internal electronic overload protection and soft start function. Filters All Sentinel Totus2 D-ERV units are complete as standard with G4 replaceable synthetic filters, complete with filter change warning. High grade F6 filters are available as an option. Electrical Every Sentinel Totus2 D-ERV unit is fitted with integrated controls and a purpose designed common user interface controller incorporating a 16-character backlit alpha numerical 2 line display with 4 button membrane keypad for fan status and commissioning set up.
As standard this is mounted behind a removable perspex viewing pane allowing commissioning without accessing the wiring compartment.
The user interface can be removed and remotely fixed if required.
The unit also incorporates a isolator that is suitable for fitting a locking device to prevent accidental operation.
Motors are single phase 230V +/- 10% / 50/60Hz / 1ph.
24V DC power is provided from the unit for powering the matched range of Sentinel Demand Ventilation switches and sensors.
Extensively tested to BS848 parts 1 & 2. Published dB(A) figures are free field sound pressure levels at 3m with spherical propagation at reference level of 2 x 10-5 Pa. The inlet/outlet sound power level spectra figures are dB with a reference of 10–12 watts.
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight