Round Fire Collar Range
The Round Fire collar Range is a popular resolution to prevent fire spreading by plastic ductwork through concrete walls and floors, Fire Collar range is an alternate solution when concreting in a sleeve is not possible
Intumescent Fire Collars prevent fire, smoke and hot gases from travelling through plastic ducting pipes which penetrate fire compartment walls and floors
The collars contain intumescent material which reacts under the influence of heat to exert pressure on the pipe as it softens to form a carbonaceous char which provides an effective insulation plug thus preventing smoke and fire passing through to the adjoining compartment
Intumescent Fire Collars are suitable for any type of building where a fire compartment wall or floor is penetrated by plastic pipes
They have built in fixing brackets which are used to secure it to the structure using the sleeve anchors supplied.
- Constructed of Stainless steel casing with soffit mounted seals
- Reduced wall thickness for easy installation in confined spaces
- Suitable for hollow construction, partitions etc.
- Resistant to corrosion
- Comes in round and rectangular versions
- Circular models have a 4-hour fire rating
- Circular models are CE marked and approved
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Technical Specification
APPLICATION / INSTALLATION
Marked Fire Collars should be used where a plastic pipe penetrates a fire rated wall or floor. For vertical pipework, one unit should be installed to the underside of the floor. For horizontal pipework one unit should be fitted to each side of the wall.
The soffit of the floor or the face of the wall must be smooth and where there are irregularities in the surface, the space between the flange of the unit and floor or the wall should be made good using Intumescent Acoustic Acrylic Sealant.
The Fire Collar should be fed around the plastic pipe, securing the ends together by passing the tongues on one end through the slots on the other end. The tongues should then be bent back and the unit secured to the structure using the integral fixing lugs.
The Fire Collar must be secured to concrete and masonry construction using steel sleeve anchors. Where fitting to a plasterboard partition wall one Fire Collar should be installed on either side of the partition and fixed using through-bolts or steel hollow wall sleeve anchors.
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight