Vent Axia Kinetic Plus B heat recovery unit - 443028
Vent Axia Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic Plus B heat recovery unit is the UKs top selling heat recovery unit. This unit is top-quality and has many options for control, proven durability and guaranteed performance
The Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic Plus B is suitable for house sizes up to 260m2, it meets requirements for whole house system ventilation - Building Regulations ADF and ADL
This unit comes with an optional complete ducting system of Quiet-Vent semi rigid radial ducting, it will provide a professional and quiet system that complies with all building control requirements
Please note - You can purchase the heat recovery unit with or without the ductwork on this listing
This heat recovery unit and semi rigid radial ducting kit meets the highest and latest Building Regulation requirements and are suitable for newly constructed homes and renovation projects.
- Vent Axia Plus B Heat recovery unit
- 91% heat recovery
- Suitable for house sizes up to 260 m2
- Extra low energy use
- Left or right-hand configuration
- Mechanical summer by-pass
- Internal humidity sensor
- Digital control
- Vertical or horizontal connections
- 5 Year warranty
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 722mm x 785mm x 550mm
Vent Axia Plus B Heat recovery unit requires 2 x G4 filters and the option of a F7 pollen intake filter
The Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic Plus B has 3 fully adjustable speeds and a purge setting (maximum flow). The unit comes supplied with a digital controller, it can be used to pre-set the units speed to any airflow that is required within the performance range of the unit
The units boost mode can be achieved with almost any type of sensor or switch, including a momentary switch
Integral Humidity Sensor
The integral humidity sensor increases speed in proportion to relative humidity levels, this saves energy and reduces noise. The sensor even reacts to small but rapid changes in humidity, meaning that it picks up humidity changes even if the normal trigger threshold is not reached. This ensures that your home is adequately ventilated, including even the smallest wet room. The night time relative humidity setback feature suppresses nuisance tripping as humidity gradually increases with falling temperature
The inner body of the unit is constructed of EPP, and the outer enclosure is constructed of PVC
The unit features 2 x low energy, highly efficient EC/DC motors
Spigot Options- The combination of spigot options allow the unit to be installed in confined locations. If vertical and horizontal connections are required on the same outlet/inlet, additional spigots can be supplied.
The condensate drain can be taken out through the side, back or the bottom of the unit. The final condensate connection is made using the fittings supplied, it can be completed after installation and is made outside the unit
A full range of compatible ducting is available to complete the installation, also available is a full range of sensors, controllers, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Vent-Axia distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Ducting Kits
A heat recovery ventilation system is only as good as the ducting used
Following years of heat recovery design and installation BPC Ventilation are now able to provide high quality kits that will provide a quiet and efficient system exceeding building control regulations and are suitable for any competent person to successfully install
The Quiet-Vent radial semi rigid system combines the performance benefits of rigid duct and the installation benefits of flexible duct by treating each room individually with a dedicated 75mm duct run from two manifolds (distribution box) for supply and extract air at the heat recovery unit
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Duct is a perfect choice for MVHR Heat Recovery System Installations as it provides huge performance benefits whilst dramatically reducing installation time and installation risk on-site
- The pipes have a smooth bore that is hygienic, anti-static, non-porous and odourless which inhibits mould and bacteria growth with low air-flow resistance and has high sound absorption.
- The round 75mm pipe is supplied in 50-meter-long rolls and takes more than 13 Kilonewton’s per square metre of pressure to crush it and can even be buried in up to 3 metres of concrete.
- No noise transfer (talking, music etc) between rooms (As required and stated in the 2010 Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide).
- No noise generated by high volumes of air being pushed or sucked down ducting (common with branch systems).
- No joins in ducting so it cannot become dislodged if knocked or disturbed e.g. in loft spaces.
- 70% Quicker and easier to install compared to traditional branch systems.
- Metal distribution boxes – very robust and durable, various sizes.
- Can easily overcome site obstacles and can be worked through around joists with ease
- Fully cleanable and one of the only systems on the market that is - making it ideal for Heat Recovery System installations as it offers long-term Guaranteed Installed Performance
- Superior 100% airtightness as there is up to 85% less joins and any fittings use rubber seals
- Ideal for metal web and engineer joists
- SAP Appendix Q and Passive House Approved (classed as solid rigid on SAP)
Design and Supply
As leading heat recovery specialists our in-house designers can provide a comprehensive and bespoke design backed up with our technical experts that can answer any queries you may have,
Free delivery is included to any mainland UK or ROI address with this kit and with thousands of products in stock we are one of the few specialists that can provide quick or priority dispatch to any location using professional logistics companies, we are able to deliver to any other location on request,
If required all products in the kits can be changed or altered to suit your specific needs before dispatch and if you do require extra materials we will supply these to you at the same highly discounted rates,
Any products not required can be returned for a refund (excluding return delivery cost)
Installation and commissioning
All systems on completion of the installation require commissioning to insure it is working as intended, BPC have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide
The systems have been painstaking designed to be suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required
How does a Radial system work?
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventilation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to rigid ductwork.
Radial Ducting is a system of individual smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. The pipes have an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a manifold
The manifold takes mass airflow directly from the MVHR Heat Recovery Unit and allows lower rates to pass through to each individual room run eliminating noise transfer and increasing the efficiency of the heat recovery unit
The radial ducting is designed to be installed below the loft insulation to provide a superior heat retention over pre-insulated solid rigid above the loft insulation
Radial semi rigid ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
The radial semi rigid ducting is available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings.
Alternative duct options
We can also stock and supply Solid Rigid PVC, Galvanised Steel and Thermal EPP (foam) ducting if preferred
- Technical Specification
Vent Axia Kinetic Plus B Technical Data
Vent Axia Kinetic Plus B
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Boost Switch control
Yes - Momentary
Internal and optional external sensor
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 7 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
785 x 635 x 550
Yes 2 x G4 (optional 1xF7)
Sound level @3m db.(a)
wall - floor
Top or side
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
Humidity, Timer, Pir
BMS - KNX
Yes - BMS
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
RHS -443028 LHS- 443028L
Ducting Material List
Description Part Number 8 Pt 9 Pt 10 Pt 11 Pt 12 Pt 13 Pt 14 Pt 15 Pt 16 Pt 125mm metal extract valve MW124 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 125mm metal supply valve MW125 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 9 10 150mm pipework x 1 meter P150-1 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 150mm pipe connector C150 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 150mm 90' bends B90150 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 Quiet-Vent 150mm x 500mm Flexi insulated sound attenuator with adaptors QV150F-SILENCER 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Metre foil backed glass fibre insulation INS22 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 150mm exterior grille S/steel louvered Cowl SSC150 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 10m roll 150mm insulated flexible ducting IFD150 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll silver foil tape 75mm ST75 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll builders strap 10 meter BS50 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Sealant - grey duct SE380 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Cable ties 550mm (Pack of 10) CT550 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 NEW 75mm x 50 Metre Antibacterial Radial pipe (Quiet-Vent blue ) (75mm) QV75PB 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 NEW 90` Plenum with additional 350mm Round Pipe (Quiet-vent) (75mm) QV75PLEN90 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Pro Sealing Ring (pack of 10) (75mm) QV75SR- Pro 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 NEW QV 10 Pt Top Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-10150TE 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 NEW QV 15 Pt Rear Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-15180RE 1 1 2 2 Quiet-Vent Adaptor for Distribution box 180-150 QV- ADP180150 1 1 2 2
- Download Documentation
Vent Axia Kinetic Plus B Catalogue
- Further Information
How to install a Vent Axia Kinetic Plus B
Vent Axia Kinetic Plus Wiring Requirements
- 3amp switched spur beside unit
- Digital controller- Comes complete with 15 meter of 6 core alarm cable with a RJ45 connection
- Optional boost switch - 3 core 1.mm cable from recessed single box to unit(recommended if bathrooms are further than 10 meter
- Further optional include - light switch, vent-wise controller,
- The low and high speed levels can be adjusted using the digital control
- further controls include- night time set speed set back - timed boost- sensor control - humidity sensor control - tempature control - summer bypass control - fault indication - filter indicator
Vent Axia Kinetic Plus 1st Fix
- Position vent axia Plus unit proverbially on a wall or vertical timber frame with provided wall bracket
- It is possible to take pipes from either the top of side of unit
- Duct connections RHS unit -rear left is extract from house-front left is supply air to living areas- rear right is air intake from outside - front right is air to outside
- Install wiring for controllers (see bottom of page for further details)
- Install condensation drain from unit to internal or external drain
- Install wall /Soffit vents or roof vents (Minimum 1.5 meter apart) Pipes are 150mm diameter
- Position distribution boxes in the chosen location (proverbially in a central location minimizing duct lengths )
- Install silencer (if specified) to air supply distribution box
- Install solid rigid duct work and between distribution boxes and MVHR unit, (If possible allow for insulated flexible duct work for final connections of MVHR unit )
- Install radial pipe into the distribution box ,
- Cut to length and install pipe into ceiling plenum, (insure you install rubber seal onto pipe) secure pipe in place with fixing band or pipe clips
Warning! There can be either one or two pipes going from the distribution box to the plenum depending on the required airflow , Always check plan that will indicate 1 or 2 pipes Install insulated rigid or insulated flexible duct work to external vents Seal all open pipes to prevent debris and moisture ingress
Vent Axia Kinetic Plus 2nd fix
- Trim ceiling Plenums to height of plasterboard (Easier to do before plastering ceilings)
- Install air valves to plenums (slightly open valve by two turns)
- Install all controllers
- Check that condensation drain has been fitted
- Switch unit on and follow the set up procedures
- Check air flow rates and commission system
Initial Design -
Pre designed plan - Please follow the plan ensuring the correct number of pipes to each area - Please note the plan is only a guide and you may have to reroute pipe work differently and re position valves to suit layout of rooms
No Plan - If a design is not possible due to renovation, Retrofit or properties with multiple obstacles simply follow the listed recommendations
We would recommend that you
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the room air plenum if air flow requirement exceed 10 L/s or if length over 15 meters
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the air extract plenum in the main shower rooms and Kitchen
- All other areas only require a single pipe from the distribution box to the room air plenum
- Radial ductwork is suitable to be fitted below your loft insulation providing superior heat retention Insulate any ductwork or Manifold/ Distribution boxes with a minimum of 25mm thermal duct wrap that go above insulation in unheated attic spaces
- Slim-line manifolds are suitable for installation to concrete ceilings and only require a 100mm service void
- Position supply plenums approx. 500mm from corner of wall (avoid areas above beds and wardrobes)
- Position extraction plenums to outside of showers and above kitchen sink (not cooker)
- Only extract from a room with a open appliance (stove) if there is a supply with equal or higher airflow
- €126.43 including VAT Excluding VAT €105.36including VAT
- €78.59 including VAT Excluding VAT €65.49including VAT
- €9.11 including VAT Excluding VAT €7.59including VAT
- €72.30 including VAT Excluding VAT €60.25including VAT
- €22.78 including VAT Excluding VAT €18.98including VAT
- €77.23 including VAT Excluding VAT €64.36including VAT
- €60.74 including VAT Excluding VAT €50.62including VAT
- €32.74 including VAT Excluding VAT €27.28including VAT
- €21.70 including VAT Excluding VAT €18.08including VAT
- €2,853.02 including VAT Excluding VAT €2,377.52including VAT
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight