Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance SX Heat Recovery Unit - 405216
Vent Axia Kinetic Advance SX is the next generation of heat recovery units. It has been designed to provide the best possible customer experience by offering comfort, quietness and control. The SX model is a highly efficient heat recovery unit featuring an integral humidistat, 100% summer by-pass as well as touch screen controls.
Vent Axia Advance SX ensures maximum airflow and minimum noise through the unit due to its sculpted interior surfaces that are designed using the latest CFD techniques. This feature provides an experience which we are confident will delight home owners and provide most discrete and efficient ventilation available.
This heat recovery unit is suitable for house sizes up to 220m2. It meets building regulations ADF and ADL for whole house system ventilation
You can use an optional complete system using Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid radial ducting that provides a quiet and professional installation complying with all building control requirements
This heat recovery unit and semi rigid radial ducting kit meets the highest and latest Building Regulation requirements and are suitable for newly constructed homes and renovation projects.
- Very low noise levels
- Suitable for house sizes up to 220 m2
- Touch screen controller
- Heat recovery up to 93%
- Lightweight unit, ease of installation
- Full summer bypass
- Wi-Fi connection option
- Left/Right handling through the controller
- Manufactured in the UK
- Simple mounting bracket for quick and simple installation
- Optional adjustable legs if mounting on the floor
- Pre-commissioning via USB
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 760mm x 660mm x 443mm
There are three different filter options for the Kinetic Advance SX
- M5 filter
- G3 filters, come in packs of two
- F7 particulate filter
You can run the system at certain times and at certain speeds. With the provided touch screen programmable controller, it is possible to boost the unit if required, for example during hot periods in the summer, or you can reduce the speed if needed, perhaps when a baby is due to go to bed. Whatever the situation, Advance can be made to operate as needed. At the same time, automatic functions such as frost protection and summer bypass even have a choice of algorithms designed to suit different climates and lifestyles. The Vent-Axia Kinetic Advance SX Heat Recovery unit has optional control from Apple and Android smart phone applications
Integral Humidity Sensor
The integral humidity sensor increases speed in proportion to relative humidity levels, saving energy and reducing noise. The sensor also reacts to small but rapid increases in humidity, even if the normal trigger threshold is not reached. This unique feature ensures adequate ventilation, even for the smallest wet room. The night time relative humidity setback feature suppresses nuisance tripping as humidity gradually increases with falling temperature
The inner body is constructed of EPP and the outer enclosure is constructed of PVC
The unit features 2 x low energy, highly efficient EC/DC motors
Using the touch screen controller you can change the spigot controller configuration
The condensate drain can be taken out through the back, side or bottom of the unit. Using the fittings supplied, the final condensate connection is made outside the unit and can be completed after installation
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Vent-Axia distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Ducting Kits
A Heat Recovery Ventilation System is Only as Good as the Ducting Used
Following years of experience in heat recovery systems, BPC Ventilation are now able to provide a range of high-quality kits that will provide a quiet and efficient system exceeding building control regulations and are suitable for any competent person to successfully install.
Our Quiet-Vent Radial Semi Rigid Ducting Kits combine the performance benefits of rigid duct and the installation benefits of flexible duct. They work by treating each room individually with a dedicated 75mm duct run from two distribution boxes (manifolds), for supply and extract air at the heat recovery unit.
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Ducting Kits are the perfect choice for installing a MVHR Heat Recovery System as they provide huge performance benefits whilst dramatically reducing installation time
Order online and purchase our Standard Kit or call our sales and technical teams on 028 2827 5150 / +353 1526 7452 to upgrade your kit.
Key Kit Features
- Our Standard 75mm pipe is semi flexible, crushproof and with a smooth inner surface
- The round 75mm pipe is supplied in 50-meter-long rolls and takes more than 13 Kilonewton’s per square metre of pressure to crush it and can even be buried in up to 3 metres of concrete
- No noise transfer (talking, music etc) between rooms (As required and stated in the 2010 Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide)
- No noise generated by high volumes of air being pushed or sucked down ducting (common with branch systems)
- No joins in ducting so it cannot become dislodged if knocked or disturbed e.g. in loft spaces
- 70% Quicker and easier to install compared to traditional branch systems.
- Metal distribution boxes – very robust and durable, various sizes
- Can easily overcome site obstacles and can be worked through around joists with ease
- Fully cleanable and one of the only systems on the market that is - making it ideal for Heat Recovery System installations as it offers long-term Guaranteed Installed Performance
- Superior 100% airtightness as there is up to 85% less joins and any fittings use rubber seals
- Ideal for metal web and engineer joists
- SAP Appendix Q and Passive House Approved (classed as solid rigid on SAP)
Upgrade to our Premium ducting for the highest quality ducting - it is easier to bend and has an antibacterial and antistatic surface which inhibits mould and bacteria growth
Design and Supply
As leading heat recovery specialists our in-house designers can provide a comprehensive and bespoke design backed up with our technical experts that can answer any queries you may have.
Free delivery is included to any mainland UK or ROI address on orders over £200. We are one of the few specialists that can provide quick or priority dispatch to any location using professional logistics companies, we are able to deliver to any other location on request.
If required all products in the kits can be changed or altered to suit your specific needs before dispatch and if you do require extra materials, we will supply these to you at the same highly discounted rates.
Any products not required can be returned for a refund (excluding return delivery cost & restocking fee).
Installation and Commissioning
All systems on completion of the installation require commissioning to insure it is working as intended, BPC have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide.
The systems have been painstakingly designed to be suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required.
How Does a Radial System Work?
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventilation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to solid rigid ductwork.
All our radial ducting options are a system of individual smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. Our Premium ducting has an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a distribution box (manifold).
The distribution box takes mass airflow directly from the MVHR Heat Recovery Unit and allows lower rates to pass through to each individual room run eliminating noise transfer and increasing the efficiency of the heat recovery unit.
The radial ducting is designed to be installed below the loft insulation to provide a superior heat retention over pre-insulated solid rigid above the loft insulation.
Radial semi rigid ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
Our premium radial semi rigid ducting is available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings.
Alternative Duct Options
As well as our radial ducting options, we can stock and supply Solid Rigid PVC, Galvanised Steel and Thermal EPP (foam) ducting if preferred.
- Technical Specification
Vent Axia Kinetic Advance SX Technical Data
Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance SX
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Yes (touch screen)
Boost Switch control
Yes - Momentary
Yes - Application
Internal and optional external sensor
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 5 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
660 x 760 x 443
Yes 2 x G3 (optional 1xF7, 1x M5)
Sound level @3m db.(a)
Wall / floor
Country of manufacture
Counter flow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
Humidity, Timer, Pir
BMS - KNX
Yes - BMS
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
- Further Information
How to install a Vent Axia Advance SX
Vent Axia advance Wiring Requirements
- 3amp switched spur beside unit
- Digital controller- (available soon) Comes complete with 15 meters of 6 core alarm cable with a RJ connection
- The low and high-speed levels can be adjusted using the digital control
- further controls include- night time set speed set back - timed boost- sensor control - humidity sensor control - temperature control - summer bypass control - fault indication - filter indicator
- Position Vent Axia Advance unit on floor or ceiling
- Install wiring for controllers (see bottom of page for further details)
- Install condensation drain from unit to internal or external drain
- Install wall /Soffit vents or roof vents (Minimum 1.5 meter apart) Pipes are 125mm diameter
- Position distribution boxes in the chosen location (proverbially in a central location minimising duct lengths)
- Install silencer (if specified) to air supply distribution box
- Install solid rigid ductwork and between distribution boxes and MVHR unit, (If possible allow for insulated flexible ductwork for final connections of MVHR unit)
- Install radial pipe into the distribution box,
- Cut to length and install pipe into ceiling plenum, (insure you install rubber seal onto pipe) secure pipe in place with fixing band or pipe clips
Warning! There can be either one or two pipes going from the distribution box to the plenum depending on the required airflow, always check plan that will indicate 1 or 2 pipes Install insulated rigid or insulated flexible ductwork to external vents Seal all open pipes to prevent debris and moisture ingress
Vent Axia 2nd fix
- Trim ceiling Plenums to height of plasterboard (Easier to do before plastering ceilings)
- Install air valves to plenums (slightly open valve by two turns)
- Install all controllers
- Check that condensation drain has been fitted
- Switch unit on and follow the set-up procedures
- Check air flow rates and commission system
Initial Design -
Pre-designed plan - Please follow the plan ensuring the correct number of pipes to each area - Please note the plan is only a guide and you may have to reroute pipe work differently and reposition valves to suit layout of rooms
No Plan - If a design is not possible due to renovation, Retrofit or properties with multiple obstacles simply follow the listed recommendation
We would recommend that you
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the room air plenum if air flow requirement exceeds 10 L/s or if length over 15 meters
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the air extract plenum in the main shower rooms and Kitchen
- All other areas only require a single pipe from the distribution box to the room air plenum
- Radial ductwork is suitable to be fitted below your loft insulation providing superior heat retention Insulate any ductwork or Manifold/ Distribution boxes with a minimum of 25mm thermal duct wrap that go above insulation in unheated attic spaces
- Slim-line manifolds are suitable for installation to concrete ceilings and only require a 100mm service void
- Position supply plenums approx. 500mm from corner of wall (avoid areas above beds and wardrobes)
- Position extraction plenums to outside of showers and above kitchen sink (not cooker)
- Only extract from a room with a open appliance (stove) if there is a supply with equal or higher airflow
- €126.43 including VAT Excluding VAT €105.36including VAT
- €78.59 including VAT Excluding VAT €65.49including VAT
- €9.11 including VAT Excluding VAT €7.59including VAT
- €22.78 including VAT Excluding VAT €18.98including VAT
- €59.66 including VAT Excluding VAT €49.72including VAT
- €32.74 including VAT Excluding VAT €27.28including VAT
- €21.70 including VAT Excluding VAT €18.08including VAT
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight