Domus HRX2-D Heat Recovery Unit
The Domus HRX2-D Heat Recovery Unit replaces the previous HRX-2B unit, Polypipe and Silavent have now merged into Domus Ventilation
We recommend the use of the Domus 297 MVHR Condensate Drainage Kit with Domus HRX-D and HRX2-D Heat Recovery Units.
Please note - You can purchase the heat recovery unit with or without the ductwork on this listing.
The HRX2-D is easy quick to install, commission and maintain, it also provides specific fan powers as low as0.57W/(l/s) along side a high heat exchange efficiency up to 94%, which lowers dwellings emission rates for a high SAP rating
This unit offers a range of functions including temperature and humidity control, frost protection, auto thermal bypass and independent fan speed control. The Bluebrain controller boasts a full complement of commissioning and air quality controls for improved air comfort in your home
This heat recovery unit and semi rigid radial ducting kit meets the highest and latest Building Regulation requirements and are suitable for newly constructed homes and renovation projects.
- Bluebrain digital controller
- Internal humidity sensor
- Extracts up to 410 m3/hr @ 100 Pa
- Up to 94% thermal efficiency
- Suitable for houses up to 250m2
- Summer bypass
- 2-year warranty
- Energy rating ‘A’
- Contoured EPP construction
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 683 x 530 x 935(mm)
Intelligently manages air conditions
Digital humidity control aiding homeowner comfort through advanced AMIE technology, different to usual humidity sensors, the Bluebrain controller will enable occupants to have direct control over managing the humidity levels in their home - to suit personal comfort levels. By accurately measuring air humidity, the HRX2-D’s extract speed automatically changes from background to boost as the level of humidity increases, thereby providing optimal ventilation performance. Advanced thermal bypass control is perfect for night time cooling or during warmer periods, the controller detects when the air temperature reaches a pre-set level and intelligently activates the thermal bypass mechanism to maximise the effect of maintaining fresh and filtered air. The thermal bypass is also programmable by time, for additional convenience and comfort
Commissioning made easier
Engineered to include independent speed control, the Bluebrain control allows quick and accurate commissioning through simple speed adjustment buttons.
Automated filter maintenance and replacement reminders
The HRX2-D is easy to maintain, and filters must be replaced frequently. Replacing filters is important to ensure performance of your ventilation system as well as maintaining good air quality
The Bluebrain controller removes any concern of when to change filters as it provides helpful maintenance reminders for when to clean or change filters
Building Management Systems (BMS)
The HRX2D controller incorporates volt free contacts for fault and filter cleaning indication, to work with a Building Management System
Summary of control features
• Includes advanced AMIE technology (Air Management for Indoor Environments)
• Power indicator
• Status indicator (frost protection, thermal bypass, etc.)
• Fault indicator with diagnostics
• Independent fan speed control
• Switched live inputs (signal triggers): - Mains level x 2 - Volt free to boost x 2 - Volt free to max x 1
• 3 variable speeds
• Clean filter indicator
• Frost protection
• Built in humidistat
• Run on boost timer
• Delay ‘on’ boost
• Pre-commissioning filter protection
• Discreet run monitor
• Lockable commissioning mode
• BMS features: - Pre-heater activation output - Remote shutdown - System healthy monitor and fault signals
• Time and date display
• Real time air temperature display
• Real time extract air humidity level display
• Easy to read, contemporary digital
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Domus distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Ducting Kits
Domus HRX2-D using Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Radial Ducting Kits
A heat recovery ventilation system is only as good as the ducting used
Following years of heat recovery design and installation BPC Ventilation are now able to provide high quality kits that will provide a quiet and efficient system exceeding building control regulations and are suitable for any competent person to successfully install
The Quiet-Vent radial semi rigid system combines the performance benefits of rigid duct and the installation benefits of flexible duct by treating each room individually with a dedicated 75mm duct run from two manifolds (distribution box) for supply and extract air at the heat recovery unit
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Duct is a perfect choice for MVHR Heat Recovery System Installations as it provides huge performance benefits whilst dramatically reducing installation time and installation risk on-site
- The pipes have a smooth bore that is hygienic, anti-static, non-porous and odourless which inhibits mould and bacteria growth with low air-flow resistance and has high sound absorption.
- The round 75mm pipe is supplied in 50-meter-long rolls and takes more than 13 Kilonewton’s per square metre of pressure to crush it and can even be buried in up to 3 metres of concrete.
- No noise transfer (talking, music etc) between rooms (As required and stated in the 2010 Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide).
- No noise generated by high volumes of air being pushed or sucked down ducting (common with branch systems).
- No joins in ducting so it cannot become dislodged if knocked or disturbed e.g. in loft spaces.
- 70% Quicker and easier to install compared to traditional branch systems.
- Metal distribution boxes – very robust and durable, various sizes.
- Can easily overcome site obstacles and can be worked through around joists with ease
- Fully cleanable and one of the only systems on the market that is - making it ideal for Heat Recovery System installations as it offers long-term Guaranteed Installed Performance
- Superior 100% airtightness as there is up to 85% less joins and any fittings use rubber seals
- Ideal for metal web and engineer joists
- SAP Appendix Q and Passive House Approved (classed as solid rigid on SAP)
Design and Supply
As leading heat recovery specialists our in-house designers can provide a comprehensive and bespoke design backed up with our technical experts that can answer any queries you may have,
Free delivery is included to any mainland UK or ROI address with this kit and with thousands of products in stock we are one of the few specialists that can provide quick or priority dispatch to any location using professional logistics companies, we are able to deliver to any other location on request,
If required all products in the kits can be changed or altered to suit your specific needs before dispatch and if you do require extra materials we will supply these to you at the same highly discounted rates,
Any products not required can be returned for a refund (excluding return delivery cost)
Installation and commissioning
All systems on completion of the installation require commissioning to insure it is working as intended, BPC have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide
The systems have been painstaking designed to be suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required
How does a Radial system work?
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventilation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to rigid ductwork.
Radial Ducting is a system of individual smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. The pipes have an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a manifold
The manifold takes mass airflow directly from the MVHR Heat Recovery Unit and allows lower rates to pass through to each individual room run eliminating noise transfer and increasing the efficiency of the heat recovery unit
The radial ducting is designed to be installed below the loft insulation to provide a superior heat retention over pre-insulated solid rigid above the loft insulation
Radial semi rigid ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
The radial semi rigid ducting is available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings.
Alternative duct options
We can also stock and supply Solid Rigid PVC, Galvanised Steel and Thermal EPP (foam) ducting if preferred
- Technical Specification
Domus HRX2-D Technical Spec
Polypipe Domus Silavent
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Digital control panel
Internal humidity sensor
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 7 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
935 x 683 x 530
Yes - Thermal
Yes - Motor
Sound level @3m db.(a)
10 - 39
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
BMS - KNX
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
- Further Information
Quiet-Vent Kit Contents with the HRX2-D
Description Product Number 8 Pt 9 Pt 10 Pt 11 Pt 12 Pt 13 Pt 14 Pt 15 Pt 16 Pt 125mm metal extract valve MW124 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 125mm metal supply valve MW125 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 9 10 150mm pipework x 1 meter P150-1 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 150mm pipe connector C150 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 150mm 90' bends B90150 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 Quiet-Vent 150mm x 500mm Flexi insulated sound attenuator with adaptors QV150F-SILENCER 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Metre foil backed glass fibre insulation INS22 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 150mm exterior grille S/steel louvered Cowl SSC150 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 10m roll 150mm insulated flexible ducting IFD150 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll silver foil tape 75mm ST75 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll builders strap 10 meter BS50 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Sealant - grey duct SE380 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Cable ties 550mm (Pack of 10) CT550 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 NEW 75mm x 50 Metre Antibacterial Radial pipe (Quiet-Vent blue ) (75mm) QV75PB 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 NEW 90` Plenum with additional 350mm Round Pipe (Quiet-vent) (75mm) QV75PLEN90 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Pro Sealing Ring (pack of 10) (75mm) QV75SR- Pro 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 NEW QV 10 Pt Top Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-10150TE 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 NEW QV 15 Pt Rear Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-15180RE 1 1 2 2 Quiet-Vent Adaptor for Distribution box 180-150 QV- ADP180150 1 1 2 2
- €32.74 including VAT Excluding VAT €27.28including VAT
- €6.80 including VAT Excluding VAT €5.67including VAT
- €9.80 including VAT Excluding VAT €8.17including VAT
- €40.14 including VAT Excluding VAT €33.45including VAT
- €46.10 including VAT Excluding VAT €38.42including VAT
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight