Domus CMX-S MEV Unit
Domus CMX-S MEV was previously know as the Polypipe or Silavent Green Line CMX
Domus CMX is one of the most versatile, energy efficient and easy to install MEV solutions available on the market.
With a dept of just 125mm, it is ideal for a wide range of properties including homes with small ceiling voids or where space is restricted. This MEV unit fits vertically or horizontally in to ceiling voids and utility cupboard spaces.
The 220mm x 90mm duct connectors can be converted to 150mm round duct connectors using additional adaptors if required
- Variable speed settings
- Recognised in SAP Appendix Q
- Complies with Building ADF (System 3)
- Option of wall, ceiling and loft mounting
- Improved controllability
- Switched Live Boost connection by light/remote switches.
- Fully variable normal and boost speeds
- Ultra-quiet - acoustically lined for low noise levels
- 2-year standard parts warranty
- Ceiling, wall or floor Installation is recommended
- Max Airflow of 430m3/h
- Specific Fan Power (SFP) as low as 0.24 wls
- Dimensions (mm) 710 long x 340 wide x 125 high
- Fitted with two 220x90 duct connections allowing quick connection to ducts
- Suitable for a floor area up to 275m²
- The appliance has a low energy, high efficiency EC backward curved centrifugal impeller fan/motor assembly with sealed for life bearings suitable for +50ºC to -25 ºC.
Also referred to as System 3 in Approved Document F of the Building Regulations, an MEV system consists of a centralised ventilation unit that continuously extracts waste, polluted and moist air from wet rooms and can be discreetly positioned in either a cupboard, utility room, ceiling or loft space. An MEV system can be ducted throughout the dwelling and operated by the homeowner through a range of control options.
Typically dual speed, MEV systems provide both low speed continuous trickle ventilation and high-speed boost flow when required. Replacement fresh air is drawn into the dwelling through background ventilators i.e. air inlets, located in the living areas.
The potentiometer-controlled speed selector allows accurate setting of 3 airflow speeds
The unit has 3 fully variable speeds for trickle and boost,
A switched live (LS) can also be used to select boost speed
An additional third speed (purge) is available using a second switched live connection.
PVC outer casing with an acoustic lining is included as standard, ensuring minimum noise levels.
ANC848A Manual LOW/BOOST switch
Manual BOOST selection switch. LOW speed is engaged upon connection of mains supply. Both speeds are manually adjustable at the wiring centre to facilitate Building Regulation commissioning speeds.
ANC849A Manual OCCUPIED/UNOCCUPIED - LOW/BOOST switch
Manual BOOST and UNOCCUPIED selection switches. OCCUPIED/LOW speed is engaged upon connection of mains supply. UNOCCUPIED speed is intended to be lower than the OCCUPIED/LOW Building Regulation commissioning speed and should be selected when the property is vacant for extended periods such as holidays in order to save energy but keep the property ‘fresh’. There is no requirement or value in the Building Regulations for this speed and should be set to suit the individual client’s requirement. All three speeds are manually adjustable at the wiring centre to facilitate Building Regulation commissioning speeds.
ANC850A Manual LOW/BOOST/PURGE switch
Manual BOOST and PURGE selection switches. LOW speed is engaged upon connection of mains supply. PURGE speed is intended to be higher than the BOOST Building Regulation commissioning speed and should be selected during periods when exceptional levels of indoor pollution are encountered such overcooked food or paint fumes.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Domus distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Technical Specification
Technical Specification tab
- Download Documentation
Domus CMX Catalogue