Nuaire MRXBOXAB-ECO4 Heat Recovery Unit
The MRXBOX-ECO4 (previously MRXBOX95AB-WH2) is the largest in the range of Nuaire MRXBOX Units. Its Large capacity is the perfect solution for residential MVHR unit, providing optimised, balanced supply and mechanical extract ventilation with heat recovery of up to 95% for large properties of up to 300m2 / 3000ft2 in size. It has an extremely low Specific Fan Power (SFP) rating, low running costs, and uses low voltage DC fans but can effectively and quietly ventilate the kitchen and up to eight wet rooms.
Please note - You can purchase the heat recovery unit with or without the ductwork on this listing
This heat recovery unit and semi rigid radial ducting kit meets the highest and latest Building Regulation requirements and are suitable for newly constructed homes and renovation projects.
- Meets the latest building control regulations
- Long life motor, quiet operation and is very low maintenance
- Integral humidity sensor
- Compact and Lightweight
- Up to 95% Heat recovery
- Automatic Summer Bypass
- Suitable for houses up to 300m2
- Specific fan power as low as 0.62 wls
- Fully serviceable unit with all parts accessible
- 5-year warranty: 1 year parts and labour, remaining years parts only
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 710 x 710 x 585 (mm)
2 x G3 easy to clean or replace filters
The unit can be controlled by manual speed settings on the unit with additional boost switches and sensors or with the use of an optional 3 speed controller
The units have two speeds and is adjusted manually by a boost switch, the fans can be independently adjusted at the unit with potometers located at the front of the unit, All versions have the following functions integrally mounted within the fan unit on a purpose made PCB, all such components pre-wired and factory fitted by the manufacturer:
• Independent control of background supply and extract flow rates
• Independent control of boost speed supply and extract flow rates
• Integral heat exchanger frost protection
• Integral adjustable run on timer
• Fan failure indication. • Integral S/L terminal for boost from remote switch, e.g. light switch
• Indication and controls – The unit also has clear LED visual indication for maintenance, servicing and operation mode, i.e. summer bypass, frost protection
Integral Humidity Sensor
Measures humidity and moisture and will automatically boost the operation when the humidity exceeds a specific level
Constructed of EPP with a metal outer cover
2 x low energy, volume DC motors
Installation is recommended onto a secure wall
The Condensate drain is fitted to the bottom of the unit, we recommend that a flexible connection is fitted between the drain and overflow pipe
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Nuaire distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Ducting Kits
Nuaire Eco4 using Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Radial Ducting Kits
A heat recovery ventilation system is only as good as the ducting used
Following years of heat recovery design and installation BPC Ventilation are now able to provide high quality kits that will provide a quiet and efficient system exceeding building control regulations and are suitable for any competent person to successfully install
The Quiet-Vent radial semi rigid system combines the performance benefits of rigid duct and the installation benefits of flexible duct by treating each room individually with a dedicated 75mm duct run from two manifolds (distribution box) for supply and extract air at the heat recovery unit
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Duct is a perfect choice for MVHR Heat Recovery System Installations as it provides huge performance benefits whilst dramatically reducing installation time and installation risk on-site
- The pipes have a smooth bore that is hygienic, anti-static, non-porous and odourless which inhibits mould and bacteria growth with low air-flow resistance and has high sound absorption.
- The round 75mm pipe is supplied in 50-meter-long rolls and takes more than 13 Kilonewton’s per square metre of pressure to crush it and can even be buried in up to 3 metres of concrete.
- No noise transfer (talking, music etc) between rooms (As required and stated in the 2010 Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide).
- No noise generated by high volumes of air being pushed or sucked down ducting (common with branch systems).
- No joins in ducting so it cannot become dislodged if knocked or disturbed e.g. in loft spaces.
- 70% Quicker and easier to install compared to traditional branch systems.
- Metal distribution boxes – very robust and durable, various sizes.
- Can easily overcome site obstacles and can be worked through around joists with ease
- Fully cleanable and one of the only systems on the market that is - making it ideal for Heat Recovery System installations as it offers long-term Guaranteed Installed Performance
- Superior 100% airtightness as there is up to 85% less joins and any fittings use rubber seals
- Ideal for metal web and engineer joists
- SAP Appendix Q and Passive House Approved (classed as solid rigid on SAP)
Design and Supply
As leading heat recovery specialists our in-house designers can provide a comprehensive and bespoke design backed up with our technical experts that can answer any queries you may have,
Free delivery is included to any mainland UK or ROI address with this kit and with thousands of products in stock we are one of the few specialists that can provide quick or priority dispatch to any location using professional logistics companies, we are able to deliver to any other location on request,
If required all products in the kits can be changed or altered to suit your specific needs before dispatch and if you do require extra materials we will supply these to you at the same highly discounted rates,
Any products not required can be returned for a refund (excluding return delivery cost)
Installation and commissioning
All systems on completion of the installation require commissioning to insure it is working as intended, BPC have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide
The systems have been painstaking designed to be suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required
How does a Radial system work?
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventilation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to rigid ductwork.
Radial Ducting is a system of individual smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. The pipes have an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a manifold
The manifold takes mass airflow directly from the MVHR Heat Recovery Unit and allows lower rates to pass through to each individual room run eliminating noise transfer and increasing the efficiency of the heat recovery unit
The radial ducting is designed to be installed below the loft insulation to provide a superior heat retention over pre-insulated solid rigid above the loft insulation
Radial semi rigid ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
The radial semi rigid ducting is available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings.
Alternative duct options
We can also stock and supply Solid Rigid PVC, Galvanised Steel and Thermal EPP (foam) ducting if preferred
- Technical Specification
Nuaire ECO4 technical spec
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Boost Switch control
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 7 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
710 x 710 x 585
Yes - 2 x G3
Pre/ Post Heater
Sound level @3m db.(a)
Floor / wall
4 x 200mm
5-year: 1 year parts and labour, remaining years parts only
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
Humidity, Timer, Pir
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
Description Product Number 12 Pt 13 Pt 14 Pt 15 Pt 16 Pt 17 Pt 18 Pt 125mm metal extract valve MW124 5 5 5 6 6 7 7 125mm metal supply valve MW125 7 8 9 9 10 10 11 180MM X 1 Meter metal duct P180M-1 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 180mm B90 Vent Pressed Bend B90180M 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 180mm NP Vent Male Coupling C180MM 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 Quiet-Vent 180mm x 500mm Flexi insulated sound attenuator with adaptors QV180F-SILENCER 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Metre foil backed glass fibre insulation INS22 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 180mm exterior grille S/steel louvered Cowl 9041227 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 10m roll 180mm insulated flexible ducting IFD180 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll silver foil tape 75mm ST75 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll builders strap 10 meter BS50 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Sealant - grey duct SE380 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Cable ties 550mm (Pack of 10) CT550 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 NEW 75mm x 50 Metre Antibacterial Radial pipe (Quiet-Vent blue ) (75mm) QV75PB 4 4 5 5 6 6 6 NEW 90` Plenum with additional 350mm Round Pipe (Quiet-vent) (75mm) QV75PLEN90 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Pro Sealing Ring (pack of 10) (75mm) QV75SR- Pro 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 NEW QV 15 Pt Rear Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-15180RE 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
- Download Documentation
- Further Information
Further InformationHow to install a Nuaire ECO4 (WH2) MVHR unit
Nuaire ECO4 Wiring Requirements
- 3amp switched spur beside unit
- This unit has a integral humidity sensor
- Optional boost switch - 4 core 1.0mm cable from recessed single box to unit (recommended if bathrooms are further than 5 meter from unit)
- The low and high speed levels can be adjusted at the unit speed selector
Nuaire ECO4 1st Fix
- Position Nuair ECO4 unit proverbially on a wall or vertical timber frame with provided wall bracket
- Install wiring for controllers (see top of page for further details)
- Install condensation drain from unit to internal or external drain
- Install wall /Soffit vents or roof vents (Minimum 1.5 meter apart) Pipes are 180mm diamater
- Position distribution boxes in the chosen location (proverbially in a central location minimising duct lengths )
- Install silencer (if specified) to air supply distribution box
- Install solid rigid ductwork and between distribution boxes and MVHR unit, (If possible allow for insulated flexible ductwork for final connections of MVHR unit )
- Install radial pipe into the distribution box ,
- Cut to length and install pipe into ceiling plenum, (insure you install rubber seal onto pipe) secure pipe in place with fixing band or pipe clips
Warning! There can be either one or two pipes going from the distribution box to the plenum depending on the required airflow , Always check plan that will indicate 1 or 2 pipes Install insulated rigid or insulated flexible ductwork to external vents Seal all open pipes to prevent debris and moisture ingress
Nuaire ECO4 2nd fix
- Trim ceiling Plenums to height of plasterboard (Easier to do before plastering ceilings)
- Install air valves to plenums (slightly open valve by two turns)
- Install all controllers
- Check that condensation drain has been fitted
- Switch unit on and follow the set up procedures
- Check air flow rates and commission system
Initial Design -
Pre designed plan - Please follow the plan ensuring the correct number of pipes to each area - Please note the plan is only a guide and you may have to reroute pipe work differently and reposition valves to suit layout of rooms
No Plan - If a design is not possible due to renovation, Retrofit or properties with multiple obstacles simply follow the listed recommendations
We would recommend that you
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the room air plenum if air flow requirement exceed 10 L/s or if length over 15 meters
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the air extract plenum in the main shower rooms and Kitchen
- All other areas only require a single pipe from the distribution box to the room air plenum
- Radial ductwork is suitable to be fitted below your loft insulation providing superior heat retention Insulate any ductwork or Manifold/ Distribution boxes with a minimum of 25mm thermal duct wrap that go above insulation in unheated attic spaces
- Slim-line manifolds are suitable for installation to concrete ceilings and only require a 100mm service void
- Position supply plenums approx. 500mm from corner of wall (avoid areas above beds and wardrobes)
- Position extraction plenums to outside of showers and above kitchen sink (not cooker)
- Only extract from a room with a open appliance (stove) if there is a supply with equal or higher airflow
- €32.74 including VAT Excluding VAT €27.28including VAT
- €6.80 including VAT Excluding VAT €5.67including VAT
- €9.80 including VAT Excluding VAT €8.17including VAT
- €40.14 including VAT Excluding VAT €33.45including VAT
- €23.87 including VAT Excluding VAT €19.89including VAT
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight