Nuaire MRXBOXAB-ECO3 Heat Recovery Unit
Nuaire MRXBOXAB-ECO3 (previously MRXBOX95AB-WH1) is a high performance, wall-mounted MVHR unit which is specifically designed for medium to large houses and apartments. With low energy usage and with up to 90% of heat recovery, this system is a whole house system that can ventilate up to seven wet rooms, it will also help you achieve a high SAP score
Please note - You can purchase the heat recovery unit with or without the ductwork on this listing
This heat recovery unit and Standard semi rigid radial ducting kit meets the highest and latest Building Regulation requirements and are suitable for newly constructed homes and renovation projects
Please call our sales team on 028 2827 5150 / +353 1526 7452 if you would like more information about upgrading your kit
- Up to 90% Heat recovery
- Light Weight and compact design
- Meets the latest building control regulations
- Integral humidity sensor
- Summer Bypass
- Suitable for houses of up to 2000 s ft
- Specific fan power as low as 0.50 wls
- Fully serviceable unit with all parts accessible
- 5-year warranty: 1 year parts and labour, remaining years parts only
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 623 x 658 x 432(mm)
2 x G3 cleanable or replacement filters
The unit can be controlled by manual speed settings on the unit with additional boost switches or with the use of an optional (VSC) digital controller
The units has two speeds and is adjusted manually by a boost switch, the fans can be independently adjusted at the unit with potometers located at the front of the unit, All versions have the following functions integrally mounted within the fan unit on a purpose made PCB, all such components pre-wired and factory fitted by the manufacturer:
• Independent control of background supply and extract flow rates.
• Independent control of boost speed supply and extract flow rates.
• Integral heat exchanger frost protection. • Integral adjustable run on timer. • Fan failure indication.
• Integral S/L terminal for boost from remote switch, e.g. light switch.
• Indication and controls – The unit also has clear LED visual indication for maintenance, servicing and operation mode, i.e. summer bypass, frost protection.
Integral Humidity Sensor
Integral humidistat that reacts to changes in humidity
EPP construction with a metal outer cover
The unit has 2 x low energy, volume EC motors
The unit is ultra-quiet unit with 2 x low energy long life motor, which makes for low running and operating costs & straightforward maintenance
It is recommended to install this unit onto a secure wall
The Condensate drain is fitted to the bottom of the unit, we recommend that a flexible connection is fitted between the drain and overflow pipe
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Nuaire distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Ducting Kits
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Ducting Kit
Ducting Kit Contents (150mm) Part Number 8 Point 9 Point 10 Point 11 Point 12 Point 125mm metal extract valve MW124 4 4 4 5 5 125mm metal supply valve MW125 4 5 6 6 7 150mm pipework x 2 meter P150-2 4 4 4 4 4 150mm pipe connector C150 4 4 4 4 4 150mm 90' bends B90150 10 10 10 10 10 Metre foil backed glass fibre insulation INS22 3 3 3 3 3 150mm - exterior grille s/steel louvered cowl SSC150 2 2 2 2 2 Standard 75mm x 50 meter regular radial duct (75mm) RK75/50 2 3 3 4 4 90° Plenum with additional 350mm round pipe (Quiet-Vent) QV75PLEN90 8 9 10 11 12 Standard sealing ring (pack of 10) (75mm) RL75 2 2 2 3 3 QV 10 pt top entry distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-10150TE 2 2 2 2 2
A Heat Recovery Ventilation System is Only as Good as the Ducting Used
Following years of experience in heat recovery systems, BPC Ventilation are now able to provide a range of high-quality kits that will provide a quiet and efficient system exceeding building control regulations and are suitable for any competent person to successfully install.
Our Quiet-Vent Radial Semi Rigid Ducting Kits combine the performance benefits of rigid duct and the installation benefits of flexible duct. They work by treating each room individually with a dedicated 75mm duct run from two distribution boxes (manifolds), for supply and extract air at the heat recovery unit.
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Ducting Kits are the perfect choice for installing a MVHR Heat Recovery System as they provide huge performance benefits whilst dramatically reducing installation time
Order online and purchase our Standard Kit or call our sales and technical teams on 028 2827 5150 / +353 1526 7452 to upgrade your kit.
Key Kit Features
- Our Standard 75mm pipe is semi flexible, crushproof and with a smooth inner surface
- The round 75mm pipe is supplied in 50-meter-long rolls and takes more than 13 Kilonewton’s per square metre of pressure to crush it and can even be buried in up to 3 metres of concrete
- No noise transfer (talking, music etc) between rooms (As required and stated in the 2010 Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide)
- No noise generated by high volumes of air being pushed or sucked down ducting (common with branch systems)
- No joins in ducting so it cannot become dislodged if knocked or disturbed e.g. in loft spaces
- 70% Quicker and easier to install compared to traditional branch systems.
- Metal distribution boxes – very robust and durable, various sizes
- Can easily overcome site obstacles and can be worked through around joists with ease
- Fully cleanable and one of the only systems on the market that is - making it ideal for Heat Recovery System installations as it offers long-term Guaranteed Installed Performance
- Superior 100% airtightness as there is up to 85% less joins and any fittings use rubber seals
- Ideal for metal web and engineer joists
- SAP Appendix Q and Passive House Approved (classed as solid rigid on SAP)
Upgrade to our Premium ducting for the highest quality ducting - it is easier to bend and has an antibacterial and antistatic surface which inhibits mould and bacteria growth
Design and Supply
As leading heat recovery specialists our in-house designers can provide a comprehensive and bespoke design backed up with our technical experts that can answer any queries you may have.
Free delivery is included to any mainland UK or ROI address on orders over £200. We are one of the few specialists that can provide quick or priority dispatch to any location using professional logistics companies, we are able to deliver to any other location on request.
If required all products in the kits can be changed or altered to suit your specific needs before dispatch and if you do require extra materials, we will supply these to you at the same highly discounted rates.
Any products not required can be returned for a refund (excluding return delivery cost & restocking fee).
Installation and Commissioning
All systems on completion of the installation require commissioning to insure it is working as intended, BPC have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide.
The systems have been painstakingly designed to be suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required.
How Does a Radial System Work?
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventilation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to solid rigid ductwork.
All our radial ducting options are a system of individual smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. Our Premium ducting has an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a distribution box (manifold).
The distribution box takes mass airflow directly from the MVHR Heat Recovery Unit and allows lower rates to pass through to each individual room run eliminating noise transfer and increasing the efficiency of the heat recovery unit.
The radial ducting is designed to be installed below the loft insulation to provide a superior heat retention over pre-insulated solid rigid above the loft insulation.
Radial semi rigid ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
Our premium radial semi rigid ducting is available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings.
Alternative Duct Options
As well as our radial ducting options, we can stock and supply Solid Rigid PVC, Galvanised Steel and Thermal EPP (foam) ducting if preferred.
- Technical Specification
Nuaire ECO3 Technical Spec
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Boost Switch control
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 5 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
658 x 623 x 432
Yes - 2 x G3
Pre/ Post Heater
Sound level @3m db.(a)
Floor / wall
5-year: 1 year parts and labour, remaining years parts only
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
Humidity, Timer, Pir
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
- Further Information
How to install a Nuaire WH1 MVHR unit
Nuaire WH1 Wiring Requirements
- 3amp switched spur beside unit
- Optional boost switch - 4 core 1.0mm cable from recessed single box to unit (recommended if bathrooms are further than 5 meter from unit)
- The low and high speed levels can be adjusted at the unit via the internal dials
- the additional digital controller also allows further controls include- night time set speed set back - timed boost- sensor control - humidity sensor control - temperature control - summer bypass control - fault indication - filter indicator
Nuaire WH1 1st Fix
- Position Nuaire WH1 unit proverbially on a wall or vertical timber frame with provided wall bracket
- Install wiring for controllers (see top of page for further details)
- Install condensation drain from unit to internal or external drain
- Install wall /Soffit vents or roof vents (Minimum 1.5 meter apart) Pipes are 150mm diameter
- Position distribution boxes in the chosen location (proverbially in a central location minimising duct lengths )
- Install silencer (if specified) to air supply distribution box
- Install solid rigid duct-work and between distribution boxes and MVHR unit, (If possible allow for insulated flexible duct-work for final connections of MVHR unit )
- Install radial pipe into the distribution box ,
- Cut to length and install pipe into ceiling plenum, (insure you install rubber seal onto pipe) secure pipe in place with fixing band or pipe clips
Warning! There can be either one or two pipes going from the distribution box to the plenum depending on the required airflow , Always check plan that will indicate 1 or 2 pipes Install insulated rigid or insulated flexible duct-work to external vents Seal all open pipes to prevent debris and moisture ingress
Nuaire WH1 2nd fix
- Trim ceiling Plenums to height of plasterboard (Easier to do before plastering ceilings)
- Install air valves to plenums (slightly open valve by two turns)
- Install all controllers
- Check that condensation drain has been fitted
- Switch unit on and follow the set up procedures
- Check air flow rates and commission system
Initial Design -
Pre designed plan - Please follow the plan ensuring the correct number of pipes to each area - Please note the plan is only a guide and you may have to reroute pipe work differently and reposition valves to suit layout of rooms
No Plan - If a design is not possible due to renovation, Retrofit or properties with multiple obstacles simply follow the listed recommendations
We would recommend that you
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the room air plenum if air flow requirement exceed 10 L/s or if length over 15 meters
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the air extract plenum in the main shower rooms and Kitchen
- All other areas only require a single pipe from the distribution box to the room air plenum
- Radial duct-work is suitable to be fitted below your loft insulation providing superior heat retention Insulate any duct-work or Manifold/ Distribution boxes with a minimum of 25mm thermal duct wrap that go above insulation in unheated attic spaces
- Slim-line manifolds are suitable for installation to concrete ceilings and only require a 100mm service void
- Position supply plenums approx. 500mm from corner of wall (avoid areas above beds and wardrobes)
- Position extraction plenums to outside of showers and above kitchen sink (not cooker)
- Only extract from a room with a open appliance (stove) if there is a supply with equal or higher airflow
- €201.71 including VAT Excluding VAT €168.09including VAT
- €28.81 including VAT Excluding VAT €24.01including VAT
- €9.22 including VAT Excluding VAT €7.68including VAT
- €3.46 including VAT Excluding VAT €2.88including VAT
- €5.76 including VAT Excluding VAT €4.80including VAT
- €42.65 including VAT Excluding VAT €35.54including VAT
- €23.87 including VAT Excluding VAT €19.89including VAT
- from €20.33including VAT
- from €298.32including VAT
- from €298.32including VAT
- €32.74 including VAT Excluding VAT €27.28including VAT
- €8.06 including VAT Excluding VAT €6.72including VAT
- €9.80 including VAT Excluding VAT €8.17including VAT
- €40.14 including VAT Excluding VAT €33.45including VAT
Regular Price: €2,397.41
Special Price Excluding VAT €1,586.52 including VAT €1,903.82including VAT
- €2,196.47 including VAT Excluding VAT €1,830.39including VAT
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight